Mini Spider - Fillet Welding Tractor
The Mini Spider is a battery-powered welding tractor designed to produce continuous fillet welds using MIG/MAG torches. The torch can be easily swapped from one side of Mini Spider to another.
4-wheel drive system with magnetic traction and a feedback loop provides highly efficient speed stabilization. Constant, continuous and repeatable travel speed enables weld bead geometry that is exact to the required specifications, thus reducing costly over welding and substantially decreasing filler metal usage.
An optional power supply can be used to plug the carriage into a 100-240 V power source.
Features and Benefits:
- ~ Compact and lightweight design to weld in narrow spaces
- ~ Convenient 18 V DC battery supply
- ~ Torch placement on either side
- ~ Welding edge to edge
- ~ Closed-loop speed control system based on electric motor with encoder - ensures increased speed accuracy
- ~ Consistent heat input reduces distortion
- ~ Reduces wasted filler metal - eliminates over welding
- ~ Digital LED display for presetting of travel speed and diagnostic messages
- ~ Low-battery indicator
- ~ Built-in guide rollers